Sorghum is the fifth most commonly grown grain crop in the world after wheat, rice, corn, and barley. But this tasty, gluten-free grain often gets overlooked in many Western countries. Sorghum has many health benefits that make it worth including in your diet.
Source of Sorghum
We Source our Sorghum from Sudan.
Types of Sorghum that we offer
We offers Sorghum mainly as grains with a possibility to offer processed Sorghum seeds as powder upon a customer’s special request.
- Whole Sorghum Grains: they are sorghum grains obtained after a complete threshing process without any further treatment on them.
- Decorticated sorghum grains: they are sorghum grains from which the outer layers and the germs have been removed completely or partially using mechanical treatment ( with max level 20%).
- Powder form: Powder form from the same high quality freshly harvested seeds.
|Country of Origin||Sudan|
|Packaging & Export||Packing is done in 50 kg PP bags, and stuff in 20 feet containers which will carry 18 metric tons.|
|Labeling||As per buyer’s instruction.|
|Specification||Detail specification will be provided upon request.|
Uses of Sorghum
- High Nutritional Value: One serving, Sorghum contains 47 percent of your daily recommended iron and 55 percent of your phosphorus intake. It’s also a good source of magnesium, copper, calcium, zinc and potassium.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Sorghum contains a wide variety of beneficial phytochemicals that act as antioxidants in the body, such as tannins, phenolic acids, anthocyanins, phytosterols and policosanols.
- Improves Digestive Health : Sorghum is one of the best sources available for dietary fiber. One serving contains 48 percent of your daily recommended intake of fiber.
- Inhibits Cancer: Certain phytochemicals in sorghum have also been shown to have cancer-inhibiting properties, particularly in gastrointestinal and skin cancers.
Benefits of Sorghum
- The major health benefits of sorghum include its ability to prevent certain types of cancer, help control diabetes, offer a dietary option to people with celiac disease, improve digestive health, build strong bones, promote red blood cell development, and boost energy and fuel production.