Watermelon seeds are considered one of the most nutritious types of seeds. It is a rich source of proteins, vitamins, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc, copper, potassium and more. These seeds are rich in calories.
Source of Watermelon Seeds
It is cultivated in the states of West Sudan in vast areas of land in 79% of the total cultivated area, where 81% of the network is produced.
Types of Watermelon Seeds that we offer
Good for human use and free from any chemicals or insects. (Sound Merchantable Quality)
- Size: between 8mm – 12mm
- Color: brownish with 4% maximum other color seeds.
- Size: between 8mm – 12mm
- Color: creamy with 4% max. other color seeds
- Size: between 10mm – 14mm
- Color: white
- Size: between 10mm – 14mm white, and differs from the previous grade in the seeds weight.
|Country of Origin||Sudan|
|Packaging & Export||packing is done usually in 40 – 45 KG PP bags, and stuff in 20 feet containers which will carry 18 metric tons.|
|Labeling||As per buyer’s instruction.|
|Specification||Detail specification will be provided upon request.|
Uses of Watermelon
One of the common protein supplements like cotton seeds, groundnuts, soybean seeds and rape seeds.
- When roasted or salted in shell are known as popular snack just like sunflower seeds, also considered a nutritional fiber-rich snack.
- Watermelon seeds are used in Naturopathic medicine. It contains magnesium which regulates blood pressure and has a beneficial effect on blood sugar. Additionally, it contains mono and polyunsaturated fats which help reduce blood cholesterol and reduce high blood pressure.
- Watermelon seed oil is primarily used for cosmetics. Its stable shelf life, light texture and moisturizing prosperities make it a suitable emollient.
- Hulled watermelon seeds can used to make garnish cakes, various yummy desserts and also used as a part in preparing special salads and soups.
- Watermelon seeds could be used as animal feed. Watermelon seeds cake is good source of protein for animal and it is comparable to cotton cake, linseeds cake and neem seeds cake.
- Oil Industry.
Benefits of Watermelon
They have the vast number of benefits, few mentioned below:
- The roasting watermelon seed creates a crunchy snack filled with various food nutrients which provide a wide array of health benefits.
- Watermelon seeds are effective in recovering health after illness and sharpening your memory.
- Rich with amino acids, including tryptophan, glutamic acid, and lysine.
- It is an excellent source of multivitamin B, which is vital for maintaining healthy blood, nervous system, and effective immune response.
- It is a good source of magnesium, which is vital for normal heart functioning, maintenance of normal blood pressure, supporting metabolic process and protein synthesis.