Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa) also be known as Carcade (Karkade), Jamaican Flower, is a minor cash crop in Sudan considered as a natural herbal product, traditionally consumed as a flavored drink. It has a tart, cranberry-like flavor, and sugar is often added to sweeten it.
Hibiscus tea was a beverage of choice for Egyptian pharaohs in ancient Egypt. In fact, many cultures, including those in the Caribbean, Mexico, China, Africa, and Europe, cultivated and used hibiscus tea, not just for its flavor but for its medicinal properties
Source of Roselle Hibiscus
We source our Roselle from different places in Sudan, Hibiscus farming is concentrated in Kordofan, and on a lesser scale in Darfur and Blue Nile. Sudan is one of the producing countries to the best types of Hibiscus as a 100% natural organic product.
Types & forms of Hibiscus
The Roselle hibiscus flowers are the main edible and useful part of the plant :
- The petals that make the flower are separated and sun-dried
- Cleaned and packed in bags making it the best raw hibiscus available
Types of Roselle Hibiscus that we offer
Our company offers the Roselle as a dry flower (Sun Dried), The flowers are ready and intended for human consumption. We supply the product in three main categories:
Whole Calyx (the complete part of which the flower is picked off)
Whole loose flower sepals (Removed flower petals)
Sifting (Nekhala) (Mixture of complete flowers and petals)
|Packaging & Export||Packing is done in 20 kg , 22 kg, in Poly Bags, and stuffs in 40 feet containers which will carry 12 metric tons.|
|Labeling||As per buyer’s instruction.|
|Specification||Detail specification will be provided upon request.|
Uses of Hibiscus
Uses of the Roselle Plant, Roselle is an example of a plant that has many beneficial uses. . Some of these uses include:
- Beverage manufacturer use it in cold & hot drinks.
- Food processor use it as a natural ingredient as it is used in the manufacture of ice cream, pies and pastries.
- Food flavoring use it as a basic ingredient in many different recipes.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers use it in the manufacture of medicines, cosmetics mainly in skin care.
Benefits of Hibiscus
- High in vitamin C, minerals and antioxidants, hibiscus tea has been recognized in both early tradition and modern science as a remedy to calm nervous disorders, treat insomnia, moderate heart problems, decrease inflammation and speed up your metabolism. Pulp from the leaves has been used to make poultices for wounds.
- Studies show hibiscus can lower blood pressure, fight obesity, improve immunity, decrease inflammation problems and even reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack and cancer.