Chickpea or Chickpea (Cicer arietinum) is a legume and belongs to the family Fabaceae, subfamily Faboideae. It is also known as gram, or Bengal gram, garbanzo or garbanzo bean, and sometimes known as Egyptian pea, Ceci, cece or chana, or Kabuli Chana
Source of our Chick Pea
We source our Chickpeas from Sudan.
Types of Chick Pea that we offer
We offers Chickpeas mainly in raw form and a possibility to offer processed Chickpeas as powder upon customer’s special request.
- Raw pure Chickpeas of the highest quality and recently freshly harvested
- Powder form from the same high quality freshly harvested seeds
|Country of Origin||Sudan|
|Packaging & Export||Packing is done in 40/50 kg PP bags, and stuff in 20 feet containers which will carry 22 metric tons of the Chickpeas.|
|Labeling||As per buyer’s instruction.|
|Specification||Detail specification will be provided upon request.|
Uses of Chick Pea
- Hummus is the Arabic word for chickpeas, it’s normally cooked and finely ground and made into a paste and mixed with tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Chickpeas are roasted, spiced, and then consumed as a snack.
- Falafel (Tameiah) is a popular delicacy prepared by frying balls of chickpeas paste and used as a sandwich filling.
- Chickpeas and Bengal grams are used to make curries and are one of the most popular vegetarian foods in the Indian subcontinent.
- Boiled chickpeas can be cooked and eaten cold in salads, cooked in stews, ground into gram flour (also known as chickpea flour and besan and used frequently in Indian cuisine).
- In the Philippines, chickpeas are preserved and made into syrup and used in preparing sweets and desserts such as halo-halo.
- Chickpeas serve as an energy and protein source as well as an animal feed.
Benefits of Chick Pea
- Chickpeas contain a moderate amount of calories and several vitamins and minerals. They are also a good source of fiber and protein.
- Chickpeas are high in protein and fiber, which makes them a filling food that may help lower appetite and reduce calorie intake.
- Chickpeas have many characteristics that may help prevent some chronic illnesses, including heart disease, and diabetes
- As an excellent source of protein, which has a variety of health benefits, ranging from weight management to bone health.