Millets are a group of highly variable small-seeded grasses, widely grown around the world as cereal crops or grains for fodder and human food. Millets are important crops in the semiarid tropics of Asia and Africa, with 97% of millet production in developing countries.
Source of Millet Seeds
We source our Millet Seeds from Sudan.
Types of Millet Seeds that we offer
We offers Millet seeds mainly as grains with a possibility to offer processed millet seeds as powder upon a customer’s special request.
- Millet Grain: Raw pure Millet Seeds of the highest quality and recently freshly harvested.
- Powder form: ( Whole Millet Flour )it is the product obtained by grinding millet grains to a degree of fineness.
- Decorticated millet flour: it is the product obtained by removing the bran and the germ of the millet grains then grinding the endosperm into the flour with a degree of fineness as specified in the data specification sheet.
|Country of Origin||Sudan|
|Packaging & Export||Packing is done in 50 kg PP bags and stuff in 20 feet containers which will carry 22 metric tons.|
|Labeling||As per buyer’s instruction.|
|Specification||Detail specification will be provided upon request.|
Uses of Millet Seeds
- Diabetes Management: It has been observed that people who have incorporated millet into their diets are less likely to be affected by this disease
- Helps Repair Body-Tissue.
- A Healthy Heart: Millet is a good source of fiber, which helps maintain the cholesterol in the body and keep a healthy blood flow.
- Cancer Prevention: Millet is an antioxidant-rich grain containing Quercetin,Selenium and acid which protect the body from producing cancerous cells.
- Good digestion: It can prevent your body from absorbing an adequate amount of nutrition.
Benefits of Millet Seeds
In a 100 gram serving, raw millet provides 378 calories and is a rich source (20% or more of the Daily Value, DV) of protein, dietary fiber, several B vitamins and numerous dietary minerals, especially manganese at 76% DV (USDA nutrient table). Raw millet is 9% water, 73% carbohydrates, 4% fat and 11% protein (table).