Olibanum, (Luban), also known as Frankincense is tapped from the scraggy but hardy Boswellia Papyrifera tree by slashing the bark, which is called striping and allowing the exuded resin to bleed out and harden.
Source of Olibanum
We source our Olibanum from different countries mainly from Sudan & other African countries from the Horn of Africa.
Types of Olibanum that we offer
- Nagawa : Particles size > 10 mm (free from bark)
- Grade (1) : Particles size 10 – 5 mm (free from bark)
- Grade (2) : Particles size 5 – 2.5 mm (free from bark)
- Grade (3) : Particles size < 2.5 mm (free from bark)
- Grade (4) : Particles of different sizes sticked to tree bark
|Country of Origin||Sudan|
|Packaging & Export||Packing is done in 25/50 kg PP bags, and stuff in 20 feet containers which will carry 18 metric tons of the Gum Olibanum.|
|Labeling||As per buyer’s instruction.|
|Specification||Detail specification will be provided upon request.|
Uses of Olibanum
- Frankincense is used in perfumery and aromatherapy.
- An ingredient that is used in skincare
- Frankincense resin is edible and is used in traditional medicines in Africa and Asia for digestion and healthy skin.
- Olibanum is used in soap manufacturing.
- Frankincense essential oils are obtained from the crude resins by steam distillation and are then normally used whole for flavoring and fragrance applications, also be used for relief from stings such as scorpion stings.
Benefits of Olibanum
- Nutrition benefits, This natural herb is known and proved to be a body nourishing and nerve relaxer incorporated in many products intended for healthy living.