Senna Alexandrina (Alexandrian senna, in Arabic oshrug or oshruq or Snamke and see below) is an ornamental plant in the genus Senna. It is used in herbalism It grows natively in (Sudan), where it is cultivated commercially and it’s grown in other countries like Egypt, especially in the Nubian region. It is also grown elsewhere, notably in India and Somalia. The best Senna is distinguished by a bright yellowish-green color of the leaves with a faint odor resembling the smell of green tea and a bittersweet taste.
Source of Senna
We source our Senna from Sudan.
Types of Senna that we offer
- Pure raw Senna leaves of the highest quality and recently freshly harvested
- Raw Senna pods sun-dried.
- Mechanically grounded pure Senna leaves/Pods powder up on customer request.
|Country of Origin||Sudan|
|Packaging & Export||We press the Senna in 200/220 kg bales and stuff in 40 feet containers which will carry 19 metric tons.|
|Labeling||As per buyer’s instruction.|
|Specification||Detail specification will be provided upon request.|
Uses of Senna
- It is known for increasing the movement of the colon by increasing the functions of the intestinal wall
- It is also a remedy for hemorrhoids, alimentary canal and prolapus
- leaves and pods of the plant are used to cure breathing problems.
- An infusion of the pods is used as an effective way to suppress fever and to stop chronic nosebleeds.
- An infusion of the leaves is consumed to stop spasms or convulsions.
- Herbalists and natural doctors recommend Senna pod supplements to treat mild cases of constipation.
- The leaves and flowers of Siamese cassia (S. siamea) are used in some Southeast Asian cuisines, such as Thai and Lao cuisines. They are known as khi-lek in Thai, and are used in curries.
Benefits of Senna
- The herb senna has been used for thousands of years to combat constipation. It is FDA-approved as an over-the-counter stimulant laxative for the treatment of constipation or as a bowel cleanse prior to surgery or diagnostic testing of the digestive tract.